Caramel Custard/Creme Caramel
- In a pan add 1/4 cup sugar. Melt them until caramelized. Bring it to boil until it turns into nice golden color caramel. It is easily get burnt so be careful. When caramelized, quickly pour in your pudding molds or oven safe dishes.
- Boiled milk in another pan. Simmer until half.Once boiled remove from heat and keep it aside for 15 minutes or until lukewarm.
- In a mixing bowl add eggs , remaining sugar and vanilla essence. Mix it well with a hand mixture.
- Now add lukewarm milk into egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill the pudding mold with the mixture.
- Keep it on a ovenproof tray and fill carefully with boiling water to become halfway up the side of your dish.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes with 340 F (170'C).
- Let it cool at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Gas Stove Method:
- If you want to make it in the gas stove you can use steamer or a medium sauce pan.
- Fill a pan with some water to come halfway up the sides of your pudding dish.
- Cover it and steamed for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator before serving.