Caramelized Pineapple Custard
- Peel the pineapple and blend them well.
- Keep the pineapple puree aside.
- In a pan add the pineapple puree and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes. Take it off the heat.
- Take remaining 1/4 cup sugar and water in a pan to dissolve it. Keep stirring.
- Once the sugar dissolves and caramelized shift it into an ovenproof dish. Keep aside and let it cool.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degree C.
- In a bowl whisk 4 eggs together.
- In another bowl add flour, lemon juice.
- Now gently add in the whisked eggs.
- Mix the pineapple puree and eggs-flour mixture together.
- Add the pineapple layer onto the caramel layer.
- In another large pan/tray take some water and place the ovenproof dish into it.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake at 200 degree C for about 20 minutes or until a wooden stick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on room temperature.
- Then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Gas stove cooking method:
- Place a pan with half full water of mold.
- Bring to boil.
- Keep carefully the caramel mold on to it.
- Keep covering on medium heat for 25-20 minutes or until a wooden stick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Let it cool completely and serve chilled.