Chicken Shawrma is one of my favorite food. It is a Middle Eastern specially grilled chicken wrapped in pita breads and served with yogurt sauce and salad.It is a very tasty and simple recipe.
Let's know how to make chicken shawrma at home.
- For the chicken
- Chicken - 1 1/2 cup boneless slices
- Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted coriander powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Garam masala powder - a pinch
- Soybean oil - 3 tablespoon
- For sauce
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- Tomato ketchup - 3 tablespoon
- White pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- roated garlic paste - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chili Flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
- For salad
- Tomato - 1/2 cup chopped
- Cucumber - 1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot - 2 tablespoon grated
- Onion - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Green Chilies - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Shawrma Bread 5-6 pieces
- At first marinate the chicken slices with all ingredients for chicken.
- Cover and marinate for 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Heat a non stick pan or grill pan on medium high heat,then fry the marinated chicken until all water dries up.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Or, preheat your oven 180 degrees C.
- Place the marinated chicken onto a baking tray.
- Cover the tray and Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from tray and keep aside.
- To prepare sauce combine yogurt, mayonnaise and all other ingredients mentioned above for sauce.
- Stirring with a whisk. Keep aside.
- Take one shawrma bread, spread 2 tablespoon sauce,then place chicken and salad onto bread.
- Make a wrap, roll up and serve with sauce.
Step by Step Picture: