Chocolate Pound Cake
- Preheat your oven to 170 degree c. Grease a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, for 4-5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium, and add vanilla extract.
- Beat eggs, and add to mixer bowl in 3 additions, mixing thoroughly.
- Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture in 3 additions, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan. Jiggle two or three times.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Let it cool in pans on a wire rack. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on room temperature.
- Don't over bake the cake. You can fold some chopped chocolate or chips in to the batter.
- Store in a air tight container for 3 days on room temperature and 1 week into refrigerator.