Green Mashla Beef Curry
Green Masala Beef is a really flavorsome and delicious curry. A variety beef side dish with green color gravy.In this recipe beef is cooked in spices and freshly ground green masala. The fresh herbs used in this recipe enhances the flavor and color of the dish.
- Beef/Mutton/lamb meat - 1 kg
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2
- Green Cardamon - 4
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cloves - 3
- Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- Onion paste - 1/4 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin paste - 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg-mace powder - a pinch
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- For green paste
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
- Fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Green chilies - 4-5
- Salt - a pinch
- Wash and drain beef pieces and keep aside.
- Blend coriander leaves, mint leaves, yogurt, green chili and salt in a blender. Make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add whole garam masal and saute' for a minute. Add chopped onion and fry till soft. Then add onion paste and saute' for 2 minutes.
- Now add all other spices-ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin paste, coriander powder, garam masala powder, nutmeg-mace powder and salt. Saute' for 4 minutes or until separated oil.
- Place the beef and mix with gravy. Add 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Cover and cook for 60 minutes on a low heat or until well cooked. Make sure about well cooked beef. If you need then add some water. But meat have
- Now add green paste. Mix and cook for only 4-5 minutes. Add roasted cumin.
- Remove from heat and cover it for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with rice or ruti or paratha.
Step by Step Picture: