Gurer Shondesh/Chhap Sondesh
Gurer sondesh is one of the easiest yet authentic sweet dessert of Bangladesh. This chhana based sweet is prepared in most parts of Bangladesh.Our new year celebration Noboborsho-Pohela Boishak is round the corner. And women of Bangladesh are ready for preparing sweet dishes in this special festival. Sandesh is our very authentic and traditional dessert, we can proud for it.
- Prepare channa by following how to make channa recipe link provided above.
- Knead the channa for 7-8 mts. Keep aside.
- Heat milk, sugar, gur/jaggery in a medium sauce pan until dissolve.
- Then add channa into the mixture and cook on very low flame.
- You will see that the mixture will let out moisture and gets mushy and sticky .
- Keep stirring on low flame and allow the mixture to come together like a mass.
- It will start to leave the sides of the pan with a bit of moisture retained.
- Do not let it get crumbly or too dry.
- Turn off flame and allow the mixture to cool a bit but it should be warm.
- Knead the cooked channa mixture gently for a minute, make small balls of the mixture and lightly flatten them with molds or cookie cutter.
- Garnish with finely chopped pistachios(optional).
- Keep into refrigerator at lest one night before serving, that makes sandesh perfect.
- You can serve them chilled or at room temperature.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon powder or cardamon powder or 2 drops of vanilla essence.
- Make sure that the mixture is still warm while shaping balls out the cooked and kneaded channa.
- Don't let the mixture to cool completely as it it not be easy to make smooth balls.
- Almonds or cashew nuts can also be used.
Step by Step Picture: