How to Make Lachha Parata
- Mix the dry ingredients-flour, salt, sugar and ghee. Mix well. Then gently add water and knead well for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two or four equal sized dough. Roll the each dough and give square shape. Roll it into a large square shape. Sprinkle flour while rolling.
- Apply ghee or oil liberally on the parata. Sprinkle some flour on top and from edge start folding as shown in the picture below.
- Dust some flour and now start rolling again. Now the parata is ready to be put on the pan or tawa.
- Heat a fry pan or tawa. Place the parata on the hot pan. Turn the parata and apply some ghee or oil. Now turn again and apply oil on the other side. Press the sides with spatula while frying and fry until brown. Serve hot with vegetable or dal or meat.
Step by Step Picture: