Kacha Aamer Ghonto Achar
- Green Mango/Kacha Aam - 1 kg peeled and chopped
- Mustard oil - 1 cup
- Green chili - 8 -10 pieces
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Garlic - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Five Spices(pachforon):
- Cumin, Black cumin,Fennel, fenugreek & mustard - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Spice Powder:
- Mustard Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Roasted Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Other Ingredients:
- Sugar - to taste
- Bit lobon/Black salt - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Bay leaf - 2
- white vinegar - 1 cup
- Wash and wipe clean all mangoes. Then peel and chop mangoes.
- In a bowl mix chopped mangoes with salt, keep aside for two hours.
- Then strain all water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in deep vessel and fry ginger, garlic, bay leaf and green chili until brown.
- Add chopped mangoes, red chili, mustard powder, bit lobon and salt. Mix well. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until mangoes become soft.
- Next add sugar and mix well. Now it become water and cook for 3-4 minutes or until a little bit thick.
- Then add cumin powder, coriander powder and five spices. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Adjust salt, pepper and spices at this time.
- Add vinegar and cook 2-3 minutes or until thick. The mixture will thick after cool.
- Remove from heat and let it cool on room temperature.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar keep on room temperature for several month or refrigerate for year.
- Remove from heat at the right consistency, because it will a little bit thick after cool.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your taste level.
- You can replace red chili powder with dry red chili.
- You can avoid black salt and use regular salt to add a little bit more.