Mango-Apple Kashmiri Achar/Apple-Aamer Kashmiri Achar
Aamer Kashmiri Achar is a traditional sweet mango achar recipe in our country. I made this pickle with apple and firmed raw mangoes. Here you can omit apple and made mango kashmiri pickle with the same process.
- Wash, pat dry and wipe with a clean cotton cloth. Peel and slice each mango into 6-8 pieces. Mix 4 tablespoon salt and keep into refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- After 6 hours wash again and strain excess water completely. Keep aside.
- Clean and cut the apple into 6-8 long wedges and keep aside.
- In a deep bottom vessel mix sugar and all ingredients with mango and apple.
- Turn on heat and put the vessel onto stove.
- Let it cook on low heat and gently stir occasionally and ensure the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 10-15 minutes the sugar syrup become thick and mango-apple become soft.
- Once cooked and the syrup looks a little watery turn off flame and remove from stove. After cooling it will thicken.
- Let it cool on room temperature.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar and close the lid.
- Keep on room temperature or refrigerator for long time.
- Gur/jaggery can be used in place of sugar. Always add sugar when the achar is simmering and not after done.
- Adjust sugar according to the sourness of raw mangoes.
- You can omit apple in this recipe. Increase 1/2 kg mango and adjust sugar.