- Dry Ingredients:
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Powder Milk - 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder(daruchini powder) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Wet Ingredients:
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 4 large
- Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
- Fruit Juice (any) - 1/4 cup
- Other Ingredients:
- Dry fruits and nuts mix - 1 cup
- Preheat your oven to 160 degree C.
- Grease a 9 x 4" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and milk powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Take 1/4 cup mix fruits and keep aside. Combine remaining mix fruits with one tablespoon flour mixture and keep aside.
- Take a another bowl, beat butter until light and creamy.Then add sugar and beat well. Add egg one by one and beat until creamy.
- Now add fruit juice, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Mix flour mixture with egg mixture with a spatula until just mix. Don't over mix.
- Finally add prepared mix fruits into the batter and just fold gently.
- Pour the batter into greased baking pan.
- Place the baking pan into preheated oven and after 10 minutes place 1/4 cup mix fruits over the cake.
- Again bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and keep on room temperature.
- After 15 minutes remove from cake pan and put on cooling rack.
- Let it cool on room temperature.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Here I used – red cherry, green cherry, black raisins, golden raisins, nutes etc. You can use any kind of dry fruits and nuts.
- If you want to make two loaves, then double the all ingredients and make two loaves.
- always try to slice fruit cake after cool at room temperature.