Moongdal with Cauliflower/Vegetable and Lentil Curry
Cauliflower and dal curry is a delicious recipe.It’s main ingredients is cauliflower and moong dal/ lentil.It is very easy,tasty and also flavorful.With cauliflower you can also add tomatoes or green peas or potatoes.But I like this simple dal and cauliflower recipe.Let’s know how to cook moong dal with cauliflower.
- Cauliflower - 1 small 500 gm
- Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaves - 2 pieces
- Cumin paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 3-4 numbers
- Warm water - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- For foron(bagger)
- Ghee/butter - 1 tablespoon
- Green Cardamon - 2 pieces
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2 pieces
- Onion - 1 small thinly sliced
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
At first, dry roast the moong dal for 2-3 minutes,then wash and soaked in water for 30 minutes. Then boil until 50% done. Keep aside.Cut the cauliflower into pieces and boil for one minute.Drain all water.Keep aside.
Heat two tablespoon oil in a medium karai or pan.Fry onion slices,then add ginger paste and saute' a little.Then pour the boiled cauliflower and dal.Saute' for 2 minutes.
Now,add all other ingredients-red chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,garam masala powder and bay leaves.Saute' for 1 minute.
Then add one cup of water and green chilies.Cover it and cook for another 5 minutes or until tender on a medium high heat.Remove from heat and cover it.
Heat ghee in another small pan,add onion slices,whole cinnamon and cardamon.Fry them until brown.Pour them into cooked dal and cauliflower.Finally sprinkle the roasted cumin powder over it.
Transfer to a serving dish immediately and serve hot with steamed rice or ruti or paratha.