Palong Shak Daal/Daal Palong/Spinach Daal
- Masoor dal/Moongdal - 1 cup
- Spinach leaves - 4 cups chopped
- Oil - 4 tablespoon
- Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- Dry Red Chili - 3 numbers
- Whole cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Wash and chopped the spinach. Keep aside.
- Boil the lentil with 4 cups of water for 20 minutes or pressure cooked with two 2 cups of water for 10 minutes and also keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry chopped onion, red chilies until brown and crispy.
- Remove roasted dry chilies, fried onion and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry whole cumin.
- Add ginger, garlic and 2 tablespoon water.
- Mix turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Saute' for 1 minute.
- Then add boiled dal and mix well.
- Mix 1/2 cup water if you needed or dal become dry.
- Add salt.
- Finally add chopped spinach and gently mix with dal.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Once the dal become thick, sprinkle fried onion and roasted dry chilies.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.