Prawn Biriyani || chingri macher biriyani
Prawn biriyani is really delicious and flavorful biriyani.
- Bashmoti /chinigura rice washed and drained - 1 kg
- Prawn - 500 gm
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard paste - 2 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 5-6 numbers
- Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Bay leaves - 2
- Onion Paste - 1/4 cup
- Onion golden fried - 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Marinate the prawn with ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilies, yogurt, cumin paste and mustard paste. Marinate for about 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add the bay leaves, onion paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the marinated prawn along with the marinade.
- Cook on a medium heat till all the water dries up.
- Add the milk, 1/2 of the fried onions and cook till all the water dries up.
- In a deep and wide sauce pan boil 1000 ml water.
- Add rice along with 1 tablespoon oil and salt.
- Boil on a medium flame.
- When rice is 90% cooked, add cooked prawn, remaining fried onion and green chilies.
- Cover and keep on a very low heat for 25 minutes.
- Place this pan on top of a tawa to prevent the bottom layer of rice from getting burnt.
- After 25 minutes turn off the heat.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes and open.
- Serve delicious prawn biriyani with mango chatney.
you can visit my another rice and biriyani recipes;