Rui Macher Kalia
Fish kalia is very well known Bengali recipe. This dish is usually made with rui/ruhu fish.Ruho is a most used fish in our daily meal. This is a gravy based dish,made with big rui fish or katla fish. The taste of the fish curry is quite similar to Biyabari special fish curry.
- Rui fish - 6-8 pieces 500gm
- Turmeric powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Onion paste - 2 tablespoon
- Onion chopped - 1/4 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masla powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Tomato sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Fish sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon + 3 tablespoon
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies - 4
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a nonstick fry pan.
- Sprinkle some salt and turmeric on fish pieces.
- Shallow fry the fish pieces until light golden color.
- In another pan heat 3 tablespoon oil,add oil and fry chopped onion until soft.
- Now add ginger paste and fry a little.
- Add onion paste, garlic paste, cumin paste, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt. Saute' for 2 minutes.
- Now whisk yogurt with tomato sauce and add into gravy. Then add fish sauce and mix well.
- Place the fish pieces into gravy and add half cup of water.
- Cover it and cook on a low flame until oil is separated from gravy.
- Finally add green chilies, ghee and lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with steamed rice.