Strawberry Short Cake
- For cake
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Egg - 4 large
- Caster Sugar - 1 cup
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- White vinegar - 2 teaspoon
- Cornflour - 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
- For Italian Meringue Buttercream
- Egg whites - 5 large
- Cream of tarter - a pinch
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
- Butter - 400 gm cold
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 1/3 cup
- Other ingredients:
- Fresh strawberries - 350 gm
- Preheat your oven to 160 degree c. Grease two 7 inch cake pan and place parchment pepper. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl mix milk and vinegar and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients-flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter until light and creamy.
- Then add sugar and beat well.
- Add egg one by one and beat.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Now add half of flour mixture and half of milk mixture. Mix gently.
- Then add remaining flour mixture and milk. Just mix.
- Pour the into two baking pan evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Once done remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Now remove from cake pan and let them cool on room temperature.
Italian Meringue Buttercream:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and 1/3 cup water to a boil. Boil until syrup reaches soft-ball stage (238 degrees.on a candy thermometer).
- In an electric mixture fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on low until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat on medium high until stiff but not dry.
- With mixer running, pour syrup down side of bowl into egg whites in a steady stream, and beat on high speed until steam is no longer visible, about 3 minutes. Beat in butter a few pieces at a time.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth. If it looks curdled at any point, keep beating to smooth out.
- Cut the cake into two equal size.
- Grease your serving plate with butter. Turn over the top layer of the cake and place on your serving plate.
- Take frosting and spread on the moist cake layer. Place strawberry slices. Brush on second cream layer.
- Place the cut side down on top of the cream.
- Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries.