Tamarind Chutney/Tetuler Chutney
Sweet and sour Tamarind Chutney is very easy and quick chutney can be serve with somusa, pakora, doi bara or any kind of snacks. It is made with tamarind pulp, ginger, sugar, chili and salt-the main ingredients.
- Clean tamarind with water gently.
- Soak tamarind in 4-5 cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Mash it into a pulp and strain, pressing the tamarind into the strainer to remove all the pulp. Keep aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sauce pan except cumin. Turn on the flame and cook on low heat.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until thick. Mix cumin powder.
- Once cooked turn off flame and let it cool.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar and keep it into refrigerator unto three months.
- Adjust sugar according to the sourness of tamarind.
- You can add gur or brown sugar instead of sugar.
- Adjust thickness according to your desire.