Shobji Pakora/Vegetable Pakora
Pakoras are an all-time famous snack with a cup of tea. They are perfect for a rainy day evening..When making these pakora you can use any kind of vegetables dipped in a spicy gram flour,rice flour/semolina batter and deep-fried.
- Gram flour (Basan) - 1cup
- Semolina/suji - 1/2cup
- Egg - 1 medium
- Salt - to test
- Onion - 1/2 cup cut into thin slices
- Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masla - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin roasted powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - finely chopped
- Carrot 1 medium - cut into thin slices
- Potato 1 small - peel and cut into thin slices
- Papaya/cauliflower/zucchini - 1/2 cup cut into thin slices
- Cabbage/Long Bean - 1/2 cup chopped
- spinach leaves - 6-7 pieces,finely chopped
- Fresh Coriader leaves - 1/4 cup ,finely chopped
- water - use as needed
- Oil for fry
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together, besan, semolina, red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Mix one egg.
- Slowly add water to make a smooth batter.
- Add the green chilies, onion, lemon juice and all vegetables.
- Mix well to make thick pakora consistency.
- In a deep frying pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- If the oil is too hot the pakoras will not be crisp; if the oil is not hot enough, the pakoras will be greasy.
- Put one drop of batter in the oil to test.
- The batter should form a small ball on the surface of the pan, but not change color right away.
- Deep fry the pakoras in two or three batches.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes per batch or until the pakoras are crisp and golden brown.
- Repeat this process for the remaining batches.
- The crispy, delicious pakoras are now ready to serve.