Chhanar Jilapi/Ricotta Cheese Jeelapi
- In a pan add sugar and water and let it come to boil and simmer it till the syrup thickens.
- Add crushed cardamom and lemon juice mix well and set it aside.
- Take channa into a bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and knead well for about 7-8 minutes. If needed, sprinkle few drops of milk to get a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough equally 7-8 small balls.
- Then roll them into thin tube and then roll it similar to a coil.
- Then heat the oil and deep fry the jilapis in batches.
- Remove from the oil and drain excess oil and then add the fried jilapi into the prepared syrup while it is still warm.
- Let it soak for a while, about 2-3 hours. The jilapis' will absorb syrup and will increase in size.
- Then serve it warm or cold as desired.
- The temperature of the oil should neither be too hot or mild hot.
- If oil is too hot the jilapis will brown outside quickly without cooking inside.
- If the oil is less warm the jilapis will absorb a lot of oil and crack.
- The oil should be medium hot.
- Fry the jilapi on low medium heat.