Sugar Syrup Preparation:
- Mix the water and sugar in a deep pan and boil till all the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the flame and add the and rose water. Mix well and keep aside. add rose water also.
- In a bowl add malai, milk powder, maida, baking powder and mix well.
- Knead well for 10 mins.
- Make small balls with the dough.
- While you are making the balls, heat the oil for deep frying in a wide pan on a low to medium flame.
- Fry the balls till golden in color.
- When cooked, drain with a slotted spoon, remove the ball from the oil and transfer immediately into the sugar syrup.
- Repeat this till all the balls are cooked and added to the syrup.
- Allow the sweet to soak in the syrup for at least 2 hours before serving. At this point they can either be removed from the syrup and served or served with the syrup.
- Some serving suggestions: Warm Gulab Jamuns with ice-cream, Gulab Jamun with thick cream; Gulab Jamun garnished with shavings of dried fruit like pistachio and almond.