Murgir Tikka Masala/Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Tikka Masala is a very delicious curry made with thick red gravy. It is a perfect accompaniment for rice or naan. I love this recipe and want to made again. I think you guys also love it. So, i am here with another with delicious easy Chicken Tikka Masala Curry.
- Chicken - 1 kg cut into small pieces
- For marination:
- Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Spice powder:
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder(elach) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder(daruchini) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cardamon powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- For the gravy:
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- Onion paste - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Cream - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- For garnishing:
- Spring onions - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoon
- Wash and drain the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients for marination for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from marinating spices. Reserve the marinating spices for gravy.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil and fry the marinated chicken until light brown.
- Keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil and fry chopped onion until soft.
- Add onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, tomato puree and all other spice powder.
- Then mix the marinating spices.
- Mix well and stirring thoroughly.
- Place the chicken pieces and mix with spices gently.
- Stirring thoroughly but gently for two minutes.
- Then add coconut milk and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and cook until thick on medium heat.
- Once cooked, add cream and remove from heat.
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.