Shahi Jorda Polau
- Rice - 2 cups
- Sugar - 2 1/2 cup
- Mawa - 3 tablespoon grated
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf, cloves - as needed
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Jorda color/orange food color - 1 teaspoon
- Orange Juice - 1/4 cup
- Raisins(kishmish) - 3 tablespoon
- Nuts - 1/4 cup chopped
- Rose Water - 1 tablespoon
- For Garnishing:
- Mini Golabjamun - 1 cup
- Chopped Pistachio - 4 tablespoon
- Fresh Cream - as needed
- Boil enough water in a large pan. When the water has boiled, add the rice.
- Once the rice 90% cooked, remove from flame and drain all water and keep aside.
- In a deep bottom pan melt sugar with 1/2 cup of water. Add whole garam masala.
- Then add cooked rice and food color. Mix well.
- Next mix ghee, orange juice and rose water. Add mawa, mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir a few times in this cook time.
- Once the sugar syrup dries up, add over all the raisins, nuts, mini sweet/mishti and put it on dum.
- Once cooked transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with mini sweet, chopped nuts and fresh cream.
- Serve hot or cool.
- You can add some white sweet/misty also. Add some dry fruits if you want.
- If you want add kewra essence instead of rose water.
Step by Step Picture: