Aamer Achar-Tok Jhal Misty Aamer Achar
Aamer Achar-Tok Jhal Misty Aamer Achar is a traditional all time favorite mango pickle recipe.
- Raw mango/Green Mango/Kacha Aam - 2 kg ( 14 pieces)
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- For Making Paste:
- Ginger 2 inch - 2 pieces
- Garlic Cloves - 10 pieces
- Brown mustard - 2 tablespoon
- Dry Red Chili - 5 pieces
- Whole Turmeric - 2 pieces
- Whole Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole Coriander - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pachforon/Five spices powder - 1 teaspoon
- Whole Joiphal(nutmeg) - 1/4 piece
- Whole Jaitri(mace) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cloves - 5 pieces
- white vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Other Ingredients:
- Mustard Oil - 2 cups
- Garlic cloves - 15 pieces
- Sugar - 1/2 cup or to taste
- White Vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Wash and drain all mangoes. Wipe clean and cut into four pieces each.
- Mix one tablespoon salt and one teaspoon turmeric powder with mango pieces. Sundry for 4-5 hours. Then keep aside.
Making Spice Paste:
- Making paste with ginger, garlic, cloves, cumin, coriander, pachforon, nutmeg, mace, turmeric, dry red chili, mustard with 1/2 cup of vinegar. Make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan. At the smoky point turn off flame. Let it slightly cool.
- Then mix spice paste with oil. Now turn on the flame and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add mango pieces and vinegar. Cook on low heat. Keep stirring occasionally but gently. Cook until slightly soft.
- Next add sugar and garlic cloves. Adjust salt, sugar and spices at this time.
- Mix gently, cook on low heat for 40-60 minutes or until mango become soft and oil is separated from gravy.
- Once done turn off flame and let them cool on room temperature.
- Transfer to a sterilized bottle and keep on room temperature for several month and into refrigerator for year.
- Add sugar according to the sourness of the rowmango used to make the achar.
- Don't add sugar after mango turn completely soft, it would become watery.