All Purpose Dough
Today I’m going to share with you some baking basics All Purpose Dough that will help you along your baking journey to make it fun and for you to improve your skills. You can use it to make bread, dinner roll, white bread, naan ruti, pizza, bun etc.
Making Water Roux(boiled Dough):
- Boil half cup of milk and a pinch of salt. Then add 1/2 cup flour, cook a little and remove from heat. Knead and let it cool.
- Mix yeast and sugar. Add 1/4 cup warm water. Cover for 5-6 minutes on warm place. If it become bubbly then ready.
- Sieve flour, salt, baking powder well, then mix butter well.
- Next pour warm milk a little by little and make a smooth dough.
- Now mix water roux (boiled dough) and continue kneading until the dough is smooth and comes out of the mixing bowl, this will take approximately 15 minutes. You will notice that the dough will no longer stick to the wall of the mixing bowl.
- Place the dough into a medium to large bowl or zip lock bag. Cover and let it proof until the size double from the original size.
- Now it is up to up to shape the dough as you desire.
- Store in a jar or bag in the fridge and it will last for months. When you use remove from freeze and let it room temperature and use.
Step by Step Picture: