Badhacopi Ilish Bhaja – Cauliflower Hilsha Fry
Spicy dry curry of boiled cabbage and shallow fried fish pieces with green chilies, spices and bay leaf serve as a starter or side dish. This easy Bangladeshi recipe is full of flavor and comes together with about 20 minutes in the kitchen.
More similar recipes from this blog:
- Ilish fish/hilsh fish - 4-5 pieces with head
- Cabbage/Badhacopi - 500 gm chopped
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Green chili - 4-5 five slit
- Soybean oil/Olive oil/Vegetable oil - 4 tablespoon
- Ground red chili - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 1
- Salt - to taste
- Crispy Fried onion(Beresta) - 2 tablespoon
- Add chopped cabbage to a pot of some water with salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cabbage are tender and water dries up. Keep aside.
- Heat two tablespoon oil in a nonstick fry pan. Toss with some turmeric and salt and fry fish pieces until golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil and fry chopped onion until soft. Then add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garlic paste and salt. Add a little water and cook spices for 2 minutes. Add green chilies and bay leaf at this point.
- Then add boiled cabbage and fish pieces. Mix with spices gently. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Once cooked turn off heat and sprinkle fried onion.
- Serve warm with rice.
- You can use only head of the hilsha fish instead of fish pieces.