Beef Biriyani/Gorur Mangsher Biriyani
- For beef:
- Beef - 1 kg
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 3 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Soybean oil - 1/2 cup
- For making paste:
- Chopped onion - 1/2 cup
- Joiphal(nutmeg) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaitri(mace) powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- allspice - 3-4 pieces
- Black pepper - 5-6 pieces
- Spice powder:
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- For rice:
- Bashmoti /chinigura rice washed and drained - 500 gm
- Whole cardamon - 4 pieces
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2 pieces
- Bay leaf - 2 small
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee - 4 tablespoon
- Another ingredients:
- Crispy Fried onion(Beresta) - 1/2 cup
- Dried prunes (alu bukhara) - 5-6 pieces
- Green chilies - 6-7 pieces
- Kewra essence - 2 tablespoon
- For garnish:
- Crispy Fried onion(Beresta) - 3-4 tablespoon
- Fried Almond,pistachio - 2 tablespoon
- Fried Raisins(kishmish) - 1 tablespoon
- Wash and drain beef pieces well.
- Mix beef with yogurt, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Make smooth paste with paste ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add spice paste into it.
- Add 1/4 cup water. Mix with them.
- Then add spice powder, cumin paste and saute' two minutes.
- Place marinated beef pieces, salt and keep stirring until water comes to dries up.
- Then add 1 cup water.
- Close the lid and cook for 20 minutes on medium high heat.
- Once cooked open the lid and keep on low heat until gravy is thick.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Wash and drain rice well.
- Heat ghee in a deep bottom pan and add whole garam masala.
- Once spulleterd then add rice and fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add 900 ml water, salt and bring to boil on high heat.
- Adjust salt at this time.
- Once boiled and water comes to dry then reduced the heat to low and cover for 10 minutes.
- Keep cover on low heat.
- Remove the cover of the rice and take halt of rice on a bowl.
- Place the cooked beef evenly over the remaining rice of the pan.
- Sprinkle fried onion and green chilies.
- Place alu bukhra dip into rice.
- Add kewra essence.
- Cover and place a tawa/tava under the pan.
- Cook/dum on a very low heat for 25 minutes.
- Once the nice aroma comes from biriyani, it is done.
- Remove from heat and keep cover before serving.
- Don't mix biriyani into the pan.
- Take a big flat bowl and transfer biriyani carefully with a wooden spoon into bowl.
- Sprinkle fried onion, raisins and almond-pistachio.
- Serve hot with Borhani, Cucumber Raita and Chicken Roast.