Beef Curry with Cabbage-Badhacopi Gorur Mangsho
Beef curry with cabbage one of my favorite food. Also my husband very much fond of it. This is amazing-beef and cabbage mix with one dish. A very simple dish which is fabulous in taste. I saw my husband going for two additional servings of it and I had to remind him to leave some for the rest of the family! Serve with hot steamed rice.
Beef and cabbage comes together in minutes and only needs one pan for a delicious, fast and healthy meal. This is one of the most popular dishes in our country.
- Beef - 500 gm
- Cabbage - 1 piece 700gm chopped
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2
- Cardamon - 4
- Bay leaves - 2
- Onion - 1/4 chopped
- Onion golden fried(beresta) - 2 tablespoon
- Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- Plain yogurt - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teadspoon
- Green chilies - 4
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Boil the chopped cabbage with salt and onion until most of the water dries up. Be careful about burning. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan, add chopped onion and whole garam masala, fry a little.
- Then add ginger paste , garlic paste, cumin paste, coriander powder and salt. Mix them well. Next add red chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masla. Saute' for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt with coconut milk and pour into gravy. Mix it well.
- Place the beef into gravy and stir continuously until all water dries up. Then add water and cover it. Cook on a low flame until tender.
- When oil is separated from gravy and water dries up, then add cooked cabbage. Gently mix cabbage with beef and add green chilies. Cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Finally add fried onion. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Serve hot with steamed rice, paratha or nun ruti.
Step by Step Picture: