Beef Sheekh Kabab
Traditionally Sheekh Kabab made with ground meat , but in Bangladeshi recipe use thin sliced meat. Kabab is a very popular food in Bangladesh. It served with cucumber raita, naan and salad. This kabab can be made without oven or using oven. In this recipe marination is very important. It makes kabab juicy and tender.
- Beef (solid under cut meat) - 500 gm
- Thick Yogurt - 2 tablespoon
- Peanut paste - 1 teaspoon
- Crispy Fried onion(Beresta) - 1/3 cup
- Fresh ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- green papaya paste with skin - 1 tablespoon
- Cashew Nut Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Besan/Lentil Powder/Gram Flour - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice - 2 teaspoon
- Mustard oil - 2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Spice Powder:
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted coriander powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masla powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Kabab masala powder(optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Other Ingredients:
- Bamboo/Metal Skewers - 5 pieces
- Coal - 2 pieces
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Cut the meat into 3-4" inch long thin strips. Tenderize with hammer or shil pata.
- Mix all ingredients with beef strips and marinate overnight into refrigerator.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degree c. Soak the skewers into water for 10 minutes.
- Put the beef strips onto skewers. Put into a tray and Brush extra mustard oil.
- Turn the skewers after 20 minutes and brush oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes into oven or pan fry onto gas stove until almost done.
- Serve hot with cucumber raita and naan.
- You can make kabab into grill or BBQ with same process. You can also pan fry it until brown and tender.
- Before taking chicken to oven, heat a piece of coal on gas, when coal is red hot put it on foil or a small bowl and place it in the bowl. Drizzle some ghee on it and immediately cover the bowl. Ghee will help create the smoke and give smokey flavor to chicken