beef vindaloo – beef vindaloo slow cooker recipe
- For Spice Paste:
- White Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Dry red chili - 4 pieces
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tablespoon black
- Cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger - 2 inch slice
- Garlic - 1 peeled
- For spice Powder:
- Bay leaf - 2 pieces
- Cardamon - 4
- Cinnamon - 2 pieces
- Cloves - 4-5 pieces
- Jaiphal (nutmeg) - 1/4 piece
- Other Ingredients:
- Beef (solid under cut meat) - 1 kg sliced
- Onion Paste - 4 tablespoon
- Fried onion(Beresta) - 1/2 cup
- Mustard Oil - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut Milk - 1/2 cup
Spice Paste Preparation:
- Soak the spice paste ingredients in a bowl into vinegar and 1/2 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth paste. Keep aside.
Spice Powder Preparation:
- Fry spice powder ingredients until light brown and crispy. Make powder from them. Strain and keep aside.
- Cut the beef pieces into slices. Marinate with blended spices and salt for at least two hours, preferable overnight.
- Heat oil and ghee in a deep bottom pan. Add onion paste and cook until light brown.
- Then add marinated beef and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add coconut milk, 1 cup water, beresta, sugar and powder spices. Cover and cook on low heat until tender.
- Once cooked turn off heat an transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with rice or ruti or naan.
Step by Step Picture:
- adjust spices according to your taste level.
- serve beef vindaloo with rice, paratha or polau.