- Beef/Mutton/lamb meat - 1 kg boneless
- Cashew Nut Paste - 1 tablespoon
- yogurt - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaiphal, Javetry(nutmeg, mace) powder or paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Gram mashla or kabab mashla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf, cloves - as needed
- ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- cream - 1 tablespoon
- Cut the meat into one inch small cube pieces. Clean and pat dry with pepper towel. Keep aside.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, nut paste, ginger, garlic, cumin, red chili, coriander, nutmeg, mace, black pepper, garam mashla or kabab mashla, salt and sugar.
- Then coat masala paste with meat pieces well. Cover and marinate for 12 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan. Fry chopped onion and whole garam masala until brown.
- Then add marinated meat and cook on high heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Now add water and cook on medium heat until soft and tender.
- Once cooked mix ghee and cream.
- cook one minute and gravy is thick turn off flame.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with naan, paratha or ruti.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your taste level.
- You can add some, green chili, tomatoes and chopped coriander also. It gives extra flavor and aroma of the boti masala.
Step by Step Picture: