Brinjal Yogurt/Eggplant Yogurt(Doi Begun)
- Brinjal/eggplant - 400 gm
- Plain yogurt - 2 tablespoon
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Peanut paste - 1 teaspoon
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 4
- Dry Red Chili - 2
- Raisins - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Clean and cut your eggplant into four pieces. You can cut them into 8-10 pieces also if you want.
- Coat the brinjal with 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan and fry the eggplant until brown. Fry them well on both side. Keep aside.
- In another deep bottom pan heat oil and fry the onion until soft.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, cumin paste, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masla powder and peanut paste. Add some water to avoid spices from burning. Saute for two minutes or until oil is separated.
- Whisk yogurt and milk together. Then add into gravy.
- Now place the fried brinjal. Add some water, raisins and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Cover it and cook for 5 minutes or until eggplant is soft and gravy is thick.
- Once oil is separated then add green chilies, ghee and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some fried onions and garnish with fried red chilies. Serve with rice or khichuri.
Step by Step Picture: