- Chicken - 1 kg boneless
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Cashew Nut Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Poppy seed paste - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg-mace powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Raisin Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Green Chilies - 4
- Garam masla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Cut the boneless chicken into cube. Marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger-garlic, cumin paste, coriander powder and cashew nut paste. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a large fry pan heat oil over medium heat and fry the marinated chicken pieces. Fry them into two batches.
- Fry the meat until light golden in color. Don't add salt at the frying time. Water comes out from the chicken pieces.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in another deep bottom pan. Add chopped onion, whole garam masala-cinnamon, cardamon and bay leaves. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour the remaining marinated sauce and mix it well. Add nutmeg-mace powder, raisin paste and poppy seed paste. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree, black pepper, red chili powder and sugar. Mix it until well mix. Cook for 3 minutes or until oil is separated from gravy.
- Place the chicken pieces , cream and 1 cup water. Cover it and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes or until oil is separated from gravy.
- Finally green chilies and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and cover it for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with luchi or parata or rice. Serve hot.
Step by Step Picture: