- Mix yeast, one teaspoon sugar and warm water in a small bowl.
- Mix until the yeast has dissolve.
- Cover and set aside for 4-5 mins.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, powdered milk , salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Then mix room temperature yogurt and yeast mixture. Mix well.
- Add warm water a little by little and knead for 4 minutes into a soft dough .
- Apply one tablespoon ghee or oil. Knead again for 5 minutes or until smooth rubbery dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth and keep it in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubled in size .
- Knead again the dough for 3-4 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll them like a flat bread with dusting flour to avoid it sticking.
- Heat pan or tawa. Remember that flame should not high or not low.
- Place the naan on the hot tawa and cook 1 side for 30s - 1 min and other side for 15 second.
- Remove it from the flame and apply butter immediately on both the sides of the naan.
- Serve hot with vegetable or your favorite meal.