Cauliflower pakora is a very popular crispy snacks recipe which can be prepared in just 10-15 minutes.It is also popular tea time snacks and tastes good with green chutney or ketchup. This is very simple and easy.
Today we will learn how to prepare cauliflower pakora following this recipe.
- Cauliflower - 2 cups bite size
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Cornflour - 2 tablespoon
- Egg Yolk - 1 piece
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (optional) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masla powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Baking powder - a pinch
- Fresh Coriader leaves - a handful chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil for fry
- Boil water and salt in a medium sauce pan , add cauliflower pieces and boil just two minutes. Drain water and let it cool.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients except oil. Make a smooth batter. Keep aside for ten minutes(optional).
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan on a medium high heat.
- To check if the oil is hot enough, drop a small piece of dough into the oil, if it raises to the surface immediately , then the oil is hot enough to fry the pakoras.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces into batter.
- Reduce the heat into medium and drop a dipped cauliflower pieces.
- Fry them until deep golden brown color.
- Remove pakoras from the oil and drain them on a pepper towel.
- Enjoy the nice weather with crispy, hot and spicy pakoras and a cup of hot tea!
Step by Step Picture: