Cheesecake with Strawberry Topping
- For Crust:
- Digestive Biscuits/Crackers Biscuits crumbs - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3 tablespoon
- Butter - 4 tablespoon melted
- For Cheese Filling:
- Cream Cheese - 250 gm room temperature
- Thick Yogurt - 3 tablespoon
- Egg - 3 large
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice - 2 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
- Strawberry Glaze:
- Fresh Strawberry - 8-10 pieces
- Sugar - 4 tablespoon
- Strawberry Jello - 1 tablespoon
- Preheat your oven to 170 degree c.
- Grease your 9'' baking pan with a teaspoon butter or oil.
- Mix crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom of your baking pan.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and let it to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 165 degree c.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well mix.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice and yogurt. Beat until creamy.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- Keep the cake into refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Blend strawberries and sugar until just blend.
- Place the blended strawberry in a sauce pan and heat until just warm.
- In a small bowl mix gelatin with two tablespoon cold water.
- Mix the gelatin with warm strawberry puree and heat until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Skim off any foam over strawberry puree.
- Now add the strawberry topping over the top of the cheesecake.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve chilled.