Chicken Bhorta is restaurant style semi gravy shredded chicken dish – cooked with spices, tomatoes, chili, onion and simmering on a low heat until tender. It’s a slow cooked delicious side dish with naan or steamed rice.
- Chicken Breast - 1 piece 300 gm
- Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- For Gravy:
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Garlic - 1 teaspoon chopped
- Chicken Stock Cube - 1 piece
- Tomato - 2 blended (1 cup)
- Ginger paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dark Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilies - 3-4 pieces
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder - a pinch
- Boil chicken breast with 2 cups of water, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt. Simmer until stock reduced one cup.
- Put the chicken breast in a plate and shred it. Keep aside.
- Preserve one cup chicken stock and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a medium wok or karai, fry chopped onion and garlic until soft.
- Add tomato puree and all other ingredients. Mix well and saute for 5 more minutes till oil separates.
- Then add shredded chicken and mix with gravy.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your spice level.
- Now add your preserve 1 cup chicken stock and simmer on low medium flame for 10 minutes or till there is no moisture and has a semi wet or dry consistency.
- When oil is separated from gravy, increase flame and saute for a minute or until your desire dry consistency.
- Add garam masala powder and lemon juice and mix.
- Turn off flame and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve warm with naan or steamed rice.