Hydrabadi Chicken Biriyani
Hyderabadi Chicken Biriyani is very popular dish in the world. There is no one the name of Hyderabadi Biriyani, who loves Biriyani. This is a world famous traditional biriyani. This type of biriyani made with aromatic rice and meat. The biriyani is a nice combination of rice and meat with spices. Chicken Biryani the most popular also in Bangladeshi rice recipe around the globe. Biryani and Pulao are the two types of Bangladeshi rice recipes that form an integral part of any formal or even informal lunch or dinner. Let’s know how to make biriyani at home.
- Bashmoti /chinigura rice washed and drained - 500gm
- Chicken - 1.5kg cut into 8 pieces
- Ginger paste - 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 2 Teaspoon
- Mustard paste - 2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg-mace powder - 1 teaspoon
- Plain yogurt - 1 cup
- liquid milk - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1 cup thinly chopped
- Onion golden fried - 1 cup
- oil for fried onion - 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon - 4 stick
- Green Cardamon - 6 pieces
- Bay leaves - 2 pieces
- Sugar - 2 teaspoon
- Cashews /Almond/peanut powder - 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 5 pieces
- Fresh Corieder - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Mint - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Shahi jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- oil/ghee - 1/2 cup
- cloves - 3-4 pieces
- Salt - to test
For The Marination:
- Take a bowl and marinate the chicken pieces in 1 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon ginger- garlic paste and little salt for 1 hour.
For Making fried onions:
- Using a sharp knife slice the onions very thinly.
- Heat oil in a pan or korai. Put the onions in the oil and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Keep stirring the onions, so that they get evenly browned.
- The trick is to evenly and slowly brown the onions.
- If the flame is very high the onions will burn on the outside and remain watery on the inside.
- Once a uniform color is obtained, drain on thick layer of kitchen paper, so that maximum oil is soaked.
- Keep these aside. As they cool down, the onions will become crispy.
For Making Rice:
- In a deep and wide sauce pan boil lots of water (at least 2000ml)
- Add soaked rice along with 1 tablespoon oil, 2 stick cinnamon, 3-4 cloves, 2 green cardamom, 1/2 teaspoon of Shahi jeera and more salt.
- The rice should absorb the salt otherwise the biryani will be tasteless.
- Boil on a high flame.
- When rice is 80% cooked strain the rice and spread it out on a flat tray or surface, so that it cools faster.
Preparing the Chicken:
- Heat oil/ghee in a deep pan, add the remaining bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon and green cardamoms.
- When they crackle, add the ginger, garlic and chilie powder, coriender powder, salt to test, turmeric powder, nutmeg-mace powder, cumin powder,almond paste,sugar.
- Saute for a minute and add the marinated chicken, along with the marinade.
- Cook on a medium heat till all the water dries up (water from the chicken and yogurt).
- Add the milk 1/2 of the fried onions and cook till all the water dries up.
For making chicken Biriyani:
- In a deep sauce pan first pour some ghee then a lyer of rice, a lyer of chicken sprinkle some chopped coriender, mint, fried onions and add green chillies.
- Repeat the layers with rice being the top most layer.
- Sprinkle the leftover onions,coriander,mint.
- Once all layers are set, take melted ghee and with a spoon pour it around the rim of the vessel and a little on the rice.
- Take a large foil, cover the pan with it and place the lid on top.
- Or take some dough made from whole wheat flour.
- Roll it into a thin strip and stick it going around the rim of the pan half on the lid and half on the pan in order to seal the whole pan.
- Keep this pan on a very low heat for 45 minutes.
- Place this pan on top of a cast iron tawa to prevent the bottom layer of rice from getting burnt.
- After 45 minutes turn off the heat.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes and open.
- Serve delicious biriyani with any kind of salad,boiled egg etc.
- Serve 4-6 people