This is really so soft and yummy. Everyone should try it at home. Your family member would like it ,I think. For the filling in this recipe i used creamy textured chicken filling and also light spicy. Let’ s know hoe to make chicken bread at home.
- Ingredients for dough:
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Yeast - 1 teaspoon
- Milk Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Lukewarm water - as required
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Egg - 1
- Egg Yolk - 1 for brush
- Filling ingredients:
- Chicken - 1 cup boiled and shredded
- Onion - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Carrot - 1 cup finely chopped & boiled
- Green Chilies - 2 tablespoon chopped
- black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Flour - 2 tablespoon
- Butter - 4 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sesame seeds - as required
Preparation for filling:
- Heat butter in a pan, fry onion untill soft.
- Then mix flour, salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken, carrot, green chilies and milk.
- Cook on medium heat until thick consistency.
- Remove from heat. Keep aside and let them cool.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients- flour, sugar, salt, oil and egg. Mix them well.
- Now add warm water little by little. Mix and make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for 5-8 minutes.
- Cover it and keep aside for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degree C.
- Roll out the dough into rectangle.
- Put your filling in the center of the rectangle and make slits on both of the longer sides.
- Stars bringing the topmost slit ends across from each other alternately.
- Keep going right to left...left to right.
- When you reach at the end, leave a tail at the bottom, just for the appearance.
- Grease a tray and place your bread .
- The recipe says to make 2 loaves.
- Apply egg yolk and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden in color.
- Taking out of the oven apply butter well on whole bread and let it covered with a cloth for 2-3 minute to soften the bread completely.
- Here is two 11 x 4 inch bread recipe, you can make them in baby size too.
Step by Step Picture: