Chicken curry with coconut milk – Narikel dudhe murgi
Chicken curry with coconut milk a super flavorful dish. This recipe is easy and super taste. This chicken curry recipe is prepared with coconut milk, poppy seeds, cashewa and garam masala to yield a rich creamy textured curry.
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Plain yogurt/tok doi - 1/4 cup
- White pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Onion Paste - 1/4 cup
- Onion golden fried - 1/2 cup
- Poppy seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Cashews - 1 tablespoon
- Star anise - 1 number
- Green Cardamon - 4
- Cinnamon - 2 one inch stick
- Bay leaves - 2
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (optional) - a pinch
- Cumin paste - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garam masla powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut milk - 1 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Ghee /Clarified Butter - 2 tablespoon
- Green Chilies - 4
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, pepper and salt for 10 minutes.
- Make a smooth paste with fried onion, poppy seeds and cashews.
- Heat oil and ghee in a deep bottom pan and add whole cardamon, cinnamon, bay leaves. Fry a little.
- Then add onion paste and saute' for 1 minute. Then add red chili powder, turmeric, cumin paste coriander powder, garam masla, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt and saute' for 3 minutes.
- Now place the marinated chicken and gently mix with gravy.
- Add fried onion and cashews paste and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk and bring to boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Remove cover and cook another 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add some green chilies and turn off heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with rice,paratha or khichuri.
Step by Step Picture:
- firstly, adjust spice levels to your liking. you can add green chilies as well.
- additionally, you can add coconut paste if you prefer more gravy.
- finally, Chicken curry with coconut milk – Narikel dudhe murgi taste great when serve hot.