Chicken Dopeyaja/Murgir Dopeyaja
- Deshi murgi/Chicken - 1 kg
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Onion paste - 1/4 cup
- Crispy Fried onion(Beresta) - 1/4 cup
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Ground red chili - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tablespoon
- Green Cardamon - 4 pieces
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2 pieces
- Bay leaf - 1 pieces
- Mustard oil - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Clean and drain.
- Marinate the chicken in a bowl for half an hour with all the ingredients except for chopped onion, oil, sugar and beresta.
- Keep the bowl covered.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions.
- Once the onions start to brown a little, add the marinated chicken pieces.
- Saute over low heat.
- After a few minutes, add ½ cup of water and cover. Keep on low heat.
- Once the oil separates out, and the chicken looks done, sprinkle a little bit of sugar over the chicken.
- Sprinkle fried onion over chicken before serving.