Chicken Jhalfrezi/Bangladeshi Jhalfrezi
Chicken Jhalfrezi is a delicious curry dish from Bengal but it is claimed by India, Pakistan and a favorite dish in the United Kingdom. This is one of the easiest curries to prepare. It is also a flavorful curry with tender juicy chunks of chicken in a spicy tomato sauce and stir-fried peppers and onions.
Today we will learn the ingredients and cooking method of chicken jhalfrezi.
- Chicken - 600 gm cut into small pieces
- Knorr Chicken cube - 1 piece
- Plain yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 4 numbers
- Green capsicum - 1/2 cup sliced
- Carrot - 1/4 cup thinly sliced
- Onion - 1/4 cup sliced
- Tomato sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Sweet chili sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Dark Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Wash and drain all water.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan on a medium heat.
- Add onion, ginger garlic-paste and chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken pieces until light brown.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, puree, chili sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, white pepper powder and whisk until well combined.
- Once chicken well fried, then add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and red chili powder. Cook another one minute.
- Now add knorr chicken cube, capsicum and carrot.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Reduced medium heat to low and add sauce-yogurt mixture.
- Mix it until well combined. If you like,add more sauce and spices.
- Cover and simmer for another five minutes to let the excess liquid evaporate or until oil is separated from gravy.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish and serve with paratha or butter naan ruti.
You may also like:
Step by Step Picture: