Chicken Korma Curry/Chicken White Curry
Author: Zurana Masud
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Bangladeshi, Indian
Serves: 6 people
- Chicken - 1 kg 12 regular pieces
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Tok doi(plain yogurt) - 3 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 teaspoon
- Kewra essence - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Oil+Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Spice paste
- Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Raisin Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Peanut & cashews paste - 1 tablespoon
- Spice powder
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole garam masla
- Cinnamon stick 1 - 2
- Green Cardamon - 4
- Bay leaves - 2
- For garnishing:
- Whole dries red chili
- Remove skin, clean and rinse the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with the ginger, garlic, yogurt and salt.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan.
- Fry the chopped onions, bay leaf, cardamom, and cinnamon for about a minute.
- Mix onion paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, white pepper, raisin paste, peanut, cashews paste and salt. Saute for two minutes on medium high heat.
- Add in the chicken pieces and stir for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- Once the water starts to dry up, add the milk.
- Pour in half cup of water and mix well.
- Cover the pan and keep over low heat.
- After about 10-12 minutes, remove the cover and add in the kewra essence.
- Stir some more and cover.
- Once the gravy thickens, and the chicken is cooked, mix in the sugar.
- Turn off the heat and keep the pan covered for another 5 minutes to let flavor blend in.
- Serve hot.