- Chicken 2 - cut into 8 pieces
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Cream - 2 tablespoon
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh ginger paste - 2 tablespoon
- Fresh garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
- Coriander paste - 1 teaspoon
- Kewra Essence - 1 tablespoon
- Onion golden fried(beresta) - 1/4 cup
- Onion Paste - 4 tablespoon
- Green Chilies - 5-6 pieces
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Oil - as needed
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf - per two piece
- Fried Raisins, almonds - as required
- Clean and wash chicken pieces well. Drain all water and pat dry with tissue or napkin.
- Sprinkle salt and mix ginger-garlic a little. Keep aside.
- Heat half of ghee and half of oil together in a nonstick flat pan. Fry chicken pieces until light brown not golden brown like chicken roast. Don't over fry the chicken pieces. After all have done, keep aside.
- Mix yogurt, milk, cream and sugar in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup ghee in a pan, fry whole garam masala until ligh brown.
- Add onion paste and keep stirring until brown.
- Then mix ginger paste and cook for a little.
- Next add garlic, coriander and half of fried onion. Cook for one minute.
- Place chicken pieces, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then mix yogurt mixture and coat with chicken pieces gently.
- Cook another 3-4 minutes or oil is separated from gravy. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Once oil is separated from gravy then add one or half a cup of water as you needed. Don't add too much water. Mix well.
- Add green chilies and adjust salt to taste.
- Now cover and cook on medium heat until gravy is thick and tender.
- Once cooked then sprinkle raisins and almond.
- Remove from heat and keep covering until serve.
- Sprinkle fried raisins, almonds and onion before serving.
- Serve with Plain Polau.