Chicken Lollipop is a Indo-Chinese cuisine. It is made with chicken wings, where in the meat is cut loose from the bone and pushed down creating a lollipop appearance.
- Chicken wings - 500gm/12 pieces
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Oil for deep fry
- For marination:
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Soy sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspooon
- For making batter:
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Cornflour - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger -Garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- At first marinate the chicken with ginger, garlic and soy sauce for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Then all chicken wings cut off one bone and collect all the flesh at one end.
- Mix all ingredients for batter in a bowl.
- Add water slowly and make a thick batter. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Coated the chicken pieces with batter and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Let rest the coated chicken in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan on high heat.
- Deep fry the chicken wings over high heat to begin with and then lower the heat.
- Fry until almost done.
- Drain on a pepper towel.
- Serve hot or fry again if you needed.