- For Dough:
- Rice Flour(Chaler Gura) - 1 cup
- Cornflour - 3/4 cup
- All Purpose Flour - 1/4 cup
- Boiling Water - 2/3 cup
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- sugar - 1 tsp
- Soybean oil/Olive oil - 2 tablespoon
- For Filling:
- Chicken Keema/Ground Chicken - 1 cup
- Fresh ginger paste - 1 tsp
- garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- onion - 1/2 cup sliced
- capsicum - 1/4 cup chopped
- carrot - 1/4 cup chopped
- mushroom chopped - 1/4 chopped
- milk - 2 tablespoon
- egg - 1
- black paper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chicken Bouillon Cube - 1
- All Purpose Flour(Maida) - 1 tablespoon
- heat a pan, add oil and then chicken. add ginger-garlic paste. cook 2 minutes.
- now add onion and vegetables. cook until soft.
- then mix paper, chicken cube. mix egg and cook one minute.
- finally add cornflour-milk mixture. cook one minute.
- remove from heat and let it to cool.
- Mix flour, cornflour, rice flour, salt and oil in a large bowl. Add boiling water a little by little.
- Knead for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 14 - 15 round balls. Roll the each ball into a 3" or 4" diameter circle. It should not be too thick or too thin in thickness.
- Place a tablespoon of the prepared filling in the center of each rolled out circle. Do not over stuff as it will be difficult to form a neat pouch shape.
- Beginning at one end of the flat circle, gather the edge to form pleats working your way around the circle. Bring the pleats together to form a pouch-like dumpling and seal the top. See the step by step picture.
- Fill and shape all the rolled out circles into pouch-like dumplings.
- Grease an aluminum or stainless steel steamer with some oil and place the shaped dumplings leaving a little space between each of them.
- Fill a vessel or pot that is large enough to place the steamer with 3" to 4" of water and bring water to a boil. Ensure that the bottom of the steamer does not touch the water.
- Once the water coming to a rolling boil, place the steamer in the vessel and cover with lid. Steam on high heat for 8-10 mins. The momos are done when a shiny sheen appears over them.