Note: For momos filling see my filling recipe- link>
- Mix flour, cornflour, rice flour, salt and oil in a large bowl. Add boiling water a little by little.
- Knead for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 14 - 15 round balls. Roll the each ball into a 3" or 4" diameter circle. It should not be too thick or too thin in thickness.
- Place a tablespoon of the prepared filling in the center of each rolled out circle. Do not over stuff as it will be difficult to form a neat pouch shape.
- Beginning at one end of the flat circle, gather the edge to form pleats working your way around the circle. Bring the pleats together to form a pouch-like dumpling and seal the top. See the step by step picture.
- Fill and shape all the rolled out circles into pouch-like dumplings.
- Grease an aluminum or stainless steel steamer with some oil and place the shaped dumplings leaving a little space between each of them.
- Fill a vessel or pot that is large enough to place the steamer with 3" to 4" of water and bring water to a boil. Ensure that the bottom of the steamer does not touch the water.
- Once the water coming to a rolling boil, place the steamer in the vessel and cover with lid. Steam on high heat for 8-10 mins. The momos are done when a shiny sheen appears over them.