- Marination Ingredients:
- Chicken - 500 gm regular pieces
- Onion Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 4 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Poppy seed paste/Postodana - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaiphal, Javetry(nutmeg, mace) powder or paste - a pinch
- Other Ingredients:
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Onion - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Dried prunes (alu bukhara) - 3-4 pieces
- Roasted Raisins - 2 tablespoon
- Cashews Nut - 2 tablespoon roasted
- Salt - to taste
- Clean and wash chicken pieces well. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix all ingredients except whole garam masala and oil with chicken pieces. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and ghee in a deep bottom pan. Fry chopped onion, cardamon, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves until brown.
- Then put marinated chicken, salt and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Stir two or three times occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low. Add alu bukhara. Cover and cook on low heat until soft and tender. Adjust salt.
- Once all water dries up, then turn off flame and keep covering before serving. Sprinkle roasted raisins and nuts. Serve with rice or polau.
- Adjust gravy thickness according to your need and taste. You can add a little water if you need.
Step by Step Picture: