Chicken & Mushroom Curry
- Boneless chicken - 500 gm
- Button Mushroom - 1 cup slices
- All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- For gravy
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies - 4-5
- Salt - to taste
- Plain yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Cream - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- For garnishing
- Green onion/spring onion - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon chopped
- Wash and dry all excess water of chicken pieces.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste and salt.
- Coat with flour and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil and fry the chicken pieces until brown.
- Keep on a kitchen tissue.
- Heat remaining oil and fry onion until soft.
- Add mushroom slices and fry 2 minutes.
- Mix ginger ,garlic, cumin, coriander powder, garam masala, white pepper powder and salt. Saute' for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and sugar. Mix well.
- Place fried chicken pieces and coat gently with spices.
- Whisk yogurt with 1 cup of water and mix with chicken.
- Cover and cook until thick on medium heat.
- Once cooked remove from heat and garnish with spring onion and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with fried rice or any kind of rice.