Chicken Reshmi Curry
- Boneless chicken - 500 gm
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 1/2 cup
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoon
- Onion Paste - 1/4 cup
- Ginger paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Peanut paste - 1 teaspoon
- Poppy seed paste/Postodana - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masla powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cut the chicken pieces into bite size. Wash and drain all water.
- Mix yogurt and white paper powder, keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add oil and ghee. Add onion paste and keep stirring until light brown.
- Then mix ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin, coriander, red chili, peanut paste and postodana paste. Add some water and stirring until most of the water dries up.
- Next add chicken pieces, salt and coat with spices. Fry a minute.
- Add garam masala and sugar. Reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is soft and tender.
- Once cooked turn off flame.
- Serve with rice or parata.
- You can also use chicken with bone.
- Don't add water, it can shred the chicken pieces.
- You can add green chili also.