Chicken Roast/Biye Barir Chicken Roast
- Chicken - 3 kg cut into 12 bone in pieces
- Onion - 1 cup cut into thin slices
- Onion Paste - 1/2 cup
- Green Cardamon - 6 pieces
- Cinnamon 1 - 4 stick
- Bay leaves - 2 pieces
- Ginger paste - 3 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 2 tableaspoon
- Cumin Paste - 3 teaspoon
- Peanut paste - 2 tablespoon
- Poppy seeds paste - 1 tablespoon
- Plain yogurt - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Red Chili Powder - 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg-Mace paste - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Raisins - 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Garam masla powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cloves - 4 pieces
- Kewra essence - 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilies - 4 -5
- Oil/ghee - 1 cup
- Few Streaks of Saffron
- At first, clean and drain the chicken pieces.
- Marinate with 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic, white pepper and salt.
- Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat some oil in a fry pan or korai. Put the sliced onions in the oil and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Keep stirring the onions, so that they get evenly browned.
- Once a uniform color is obtained, drain on thick layer of kitchen paper, so that maximum oil is soaked.
- Keep these aside. As they cool down, the onions will become crispy.
Frying Chicken Pieces:
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a frying pan, when the oil is hot add one piece marinated chicken and fry it in high heat for one minute or till nice brown color.
- And repeat the same for all the chicken pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat a large pan with ghee or oil, add the whole cardamons, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and sliced onion.
- Then add onion paste, remaining ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, nutmeg-mace powder, tomato sauce, poppy seed pasty, peanut paste, and cumin seed paste with 1/4 cup of water.
- Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes on medium heat until the raw smell of the spices is no more.
- Add little water if the mixture is too dry as the peanut paste tends to stick to the pan.
- Pour the fried chicken pieces into the gravy.
- Now add the milk, whisk yogurt, half of fried onion, tomato sauce, sugar, raisins and keep stirring the mixture in a low flame.
- Then add one cup water, saffron streaks and lightly mix it.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in a low flame for 5-10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking make sure that gravy in not too thick or else add some water.
- Add green chilies, garam masla powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add kewra essence.
- Once the chicken is cooked switch off the heat.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and garnish with remaining fried onion.
- Serve hot with polau or nan and salad.