Orange Chicken Tandoori
- Skin removed chicken - 8 large pieces
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Chili flaks - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Orange food color - 2 drops
- Orange juice - 1/2 cup
- Mustard oil - 1/4 cup
- Tandoori masala(optional) - 1 teaspoon
- In a bowl combine all of ingredients except orange juice and oil.
- Mix it well and rub the marinade on the chicken piece over and underneath it.
- Add 1 table spoon oil and marinate the chicken for 6 hours or at least one hour.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and fry the pieces in a grill pan with masturd oil until dark on one side.
- Fry until darkened on the other side.
- Slip a knife in the meat and make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- If not, add a bit of water to the pan to loosen any caramelized bits, and place in a 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with orange juice.
- Garnish with orange,lemon and tomato wedges around the chicken pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan, along with 1/2 cup water and the honey.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, whisking all the time.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl or gravy boat for serving.