Chingri Bora-Prawn Fritters
Chingri Bora Recipe with a few ingredients and a festive fritters. It is a super easy deep fried bora recipe made with small prawn and red lentil.
Chingi Bora is a very common recipe all across Bangladesh and different regions calling it different names but the main ingredients are almost the same with slight variation. I use red lentil and red lentil is a wonderful ingredients to make any kind of fritters. Any lentil will work.
These Chingri bora are delicious with any kind of ketchup or chutney. These are also serve with rice or polau or khichuri.
- Soak the lentil for one hour. Drain water and keep aside.
- Blend soaked lentil and prawn until smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Then blend green chili, half of onion, garlic and ginger until sooth paste. Keep aside.
- In a medium bowl mix blended mixture with remaining onion, coriander and salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot add small scoop of batter in the hot oil. Keep the heat at high and after one minute gently flip the bora and let the other side cook.
- Reduce the heat to medium high heat. It will take approximately three minutes.
- Once done remove the bora from hot oil and keep it on a paper towel.
- Serve as a snacks with tea or appetizer with rice or polau.